Musings in Granada and elsewhere

Typical American college student in Granada Spain. These are my adventures, thoughts and stories.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cada Dia Mas Aqui que Alli, United States

I travel often.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Philosophy with Sitar players

Went to a tapas bar, wasn’t really impressed with it. Had sangria and patatas fritas. But the conversation was nice. Walked alone to plaza nueva in the dark and rain, a little scared but no pasa nada. Met Laney and Sara and walked through darken wet streets full of hippies and saints to a teteria which smelled pleasently like incense and was very hot. Drank an infusion of mint and orange blossom tea (infusion del invierno) and listened to argentienians play sitar and some sort of drum music. Left smelling like incense and tea. Walked aroudn a bit with laney and went to the apartment of the musicians where they offered us tea and cookies. Had a great conversation about buddhism with the sitar player: life goes in an upward spiral, every experience brings you toa point. It may be a high point or a low point but you keep traveling upwards, never at the same point. He said he didn’t know much about particular buddhisms but felt that the general philosophy was important and beautiful. Was a little shy and didn’t say much. It was great just to sit and listen and sip my tea and every one ina while chime in. although I would have liked to really engange in conversation, estoy un poco timida y pues, no puedo hablar con ellos. Pero no pasa nada. They seemed really nice and I just had such a nice vibe in their company. Although I feel like maybe I watch too much. Need to stop spectating and start exploring. I’m going to the travel agency tomorrow to figure out if I want to go to the canary islands with mis amigas. Pienso que si pero tengo dudas. They have different goals than I do. I’m not really a big fan of the beach or doing the typical touristy vacation thing, but I thinnk I need to just do it and have an adventure. I need to meet people and if they aren’t spanish , it’s not a problem because people are all connected with eachother in such strange ways. Like a friend of a friend has a castle in portugal and would you like to come with me? Pienso que si

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home