Musings in Granada and elsewhere

Typical American college student in Granada Spain. These are my adventures, thoughts and stories.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cada Dia Mas Aqui que Alli, United States

I travel often.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Sunset

Walked around the arab markets with Julie and Laura. I wanted to show them Laney’s house for sunset tea. One of the shopkeepers whistled at me, and I turned around, not because he whistled but because Laura and julie were lagging behind and I wanted to make sure everything was ok. So of couse he thought I was acknoweldging him. But he started talking to me and asked me if I had ever been to the teteria next to his shop. I said no, that I was going to a friends house and he said thatt was nice and that he would see me later. I grabbed Laura and Julie and we left for Laney’s house. Tea at Laney’s was really relaxing. We watched the sunset over the city, the mountains our only witness and one of her flamenco neighbors with a camera and a guitar as his weapons. The sun raced to set in a matter of seconds and w e were left with the stars and dusk’s light to find our way home through the narrow wet streets of the arab quarter of granada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home