Musings in Granada and elsewhere

Typical American college student in Granada Spain. These are my adventures, thoughts and stories.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cada Dia Mas Aqui que Alli, United States

I travel often.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Baroque literature and Lemon trees

Went to class this morning. My Baroque literature professor is very interesting. She's this older woman, and has a very thick andalusian accent that I adore, but it is very hard to understand. When I came into the class this morning, I had every intention of dropping it, just because i was intimidated and i've never read baroque literature before. But the way in which she talked about it to the class was just fascinating. She kept saying little tag phrases like "dudar es saber" You could really tell that she was really passionate about literature. And so I think i'm going to keep the class. The POE class (advanced grammar) was really cool. I'm glad I switched into the advanced program because I really feel like it is the perfect level for me. but before she would let me into the class, she said I needed a form that showed the university had approved the change in levels. So i walked to the API office and asked them for the form. They said that i needed to go to the secretary's office at the university and ask for it. So i walked back to the university and asked the secretary for the form. She gave me the form for two of my classes, but not the third. She said i had to go back to API and tell them to email the university. I decided to do it later, and I went to the POE class, which was fine.
So much paperwork!! But now I believe that all my classes are sorted out, and that everything is good.
Afterwards, I walked with Laney around the Cathedral, where we checked out a little store that was selling flowers and herbs. Outside there was a three foot tall lemon tree. It was bright green and had tiny drops of lemons hanging from the branches. It was so beautiful. Laney wanted to buy it but it was 130 euro. She pleaded with the owner but she couldn't negotiate a better price. So we bought some rosemary, mint, thyme and basil plants instead to plant on her terrace. We wandered around the plaza for a bit.
Later, we went out and had some tapas at a bar near the school. We chatted about taking flamenco classes and salsa dancing and carnival. There was an old man sitting next to us at the bar, a little drunk i think, but singing along happily to the flamenco music that was playing in the background. It was very cute. After dinner, Laney and Sara called me to go out, but I decided to stay in because I was so tired. The days have been speeding up a bit and I just needed some time to take it all in and slow things down. I think the rest was well needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home