Musings in Granada and elsewhere

Typical American college student in Granada Spain. These are my adventures, thoughts and stories.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cada Dia Mas Aqui que Alli, United States

I travel often.

Friday, February 10, 2006

a tea pot, el rey and other things

So I'm not even going to get into the details of craziness that was my Friday Night in Granada. But I will briefly tell some stories about it. Laney, Sara and Matt decided to have a sunset tea party for their neighbor's children on friday. The catch was, the kids had to come in costume, and bring their most favorite food in the world with them. Everyone was all dressed up in crazy masks and things. So I went over the house at around 6:00pm and helped make sandwiches and stuff like that. But then we realize that we don't have a tea pot. So Laney and I walk down to the Arab Markets to buy a tea pot. We get to this one store, where a very charismatic store owner greets us and proceeds to enthusiastically sell Laney the tea pot. The problem was, that Laney only had 8 euro and the teapot cost 10. So I offered to give her the two euro, just because I'm always over her house and I eat all her food etc. Well the owner thought it was so nice that he gave us mulit colored friendship bracelets as gifts. He cerimoniously tied the bracelets around our wrists with three knots ("uno, dos, tres deseos, vale?") which gave us three wishes. He then asked us to please bring him some of the food from the tea party after it was over.

Later that night, I joined Laney, Matt and Sara at the house for some music and wine and chocolate. They were passing the guitar around and everyone had to do an improvizational song. Sara and Laney have great singing voices and Matt can play the guitar quite well, so I felt a little... awkward. But they said it was my turn and that I had to do something. So I did a little improv. poetry reading, which turned out quite well even though I usually don't do things like that. After a bit of singing and flamenco dancing (trying to do flamenco dancing) we decided to go out for the night. They were still in costume, I was not. So Laney let me borrow this beautiful dress that made me look like a 1930's film star (or so they said...) So we went out in costume: Laney with a crazy carnival mask, sara dressed in a beautiful empire waisted white dress, and me in this prom dress type thing. Matt had the best costume. He cut out a paper crown and wrapped a towel around his neck.

I'm not even going to get into what happened. Or maybe I will. But at a later date....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home